Sunday, July 31, 2005

The Guilt Of Lazy Days

I woke up late. Purposefully. I guess you can say I "slept in", but because I regret "sleeping in" I consider it "waking up late". I lost precious hours to do something (I am not sure what I would have done) while I was sleeping much longer than necessary. Eight hours of sleep is sufficient. Ten hours is excessive. I think I managed eleven hours of sleep last night (and this morning). And despite feeling remorse for the time lost while sleeping, I've not done anything of note with my day. Yes I have read oodles of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, but for whatever reason, I don't think that counts. Yes I've made a CD of random pop hits for a co-worker, but somehow that doesn't count in my mind either. And here I am, blogging about how I should be doing more with my time. Somehow blogging about it doesn't seem to count either.

No comments: