Monday, July 03, 2006

The European Experience # 83

They are twins. Identical. The same, but different.

I met them three days ago.

They both wore sneakers, jeans, and t-shirts. The t-shirts were exactly the same, with a white lining around neck and sleeves. Except, one was red and the other was blue. Their sneaker were white, except one pair were Puma and the other Converse. They are the same, but different.

I have a difficult time telling them apart. The following morning they had changed colours: One wore a red shirt (different from the day before) and the other a blue shirt(also a different shirt from the day before). I think they also swapped sneakers, but having difficulty telling them apart, they might not have exchanged shoes. Yesterday the one wearing red was wearing puma runners, the other wore blue and converse sneakers. Today the one wearing blue was the one who was wearing red and he is presently wearing the puma runners. Ok. They did not switch footwear. They are the same, but different.

They both enjoy shwarmas. They both eat their french fries before they eat anything else on their plate. They both prefer ketchup over mayo. Except one doesn't eat onions and the other doesn't eat tomatoes. They are the same, different.

They both are very active and do well in school. Though, one wins essay prizes while the other is on the national youth football team. The football player carries a wee bit more muscle then the other, but the other has a better grasp of language. You can hardly tell the difference between them physically, only if you look very closely. They are the same, but different.

Today the twins taught me how to play tennis (again, a new sport in a different language). Tennis and golf are the same, but different. Both require using a specific implement to hit a ball in order to win. The ball of one game is hard and the ball of another is flexible. The implement of one game is a long stick with a small surface for contact with the ball, the other is short with a large surface for contact the ball. One game is won by the player with the lowest score, the other is won by the player with the highest score. The are the same, but different.

Between here and there, and then and now, I have discovered that I have grown. I now play golf and tennis. I am a twin of my former self. I am the same, but different.

10 comments:

skinny-rabbit said...

That was beautiful.

bedroomprince said...

I can not tell if you are being sarcastic or not.

Anonymous said...

It was beautiful. No sarcasm here.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I wanna meet your twin self! And...are these twins blond? I love blond twins. When I worked at Blockbuster, a set of blond surfer dude shy twins used to come in and I really loved them...both.

artsmonkey said...

i liked that. it was like poetry.

Lindsay said...

it was beautiful...very contemplative and peaceful. you're sexy.

skinny-rabbit said...

on behalf of myself, it was not sarcastic

Anonymous said...

Bedroom Prince,

I am glad you are sharing yourself with the world. On occasions like this, you write beautifully and I wish more people could see and hear what you have to say.

I would only encourage you to continue to write, to continue to blog, but to use other media as well.

The world is looking for a Prince.

Anonymous said...

I find it truly amazing how love and youth and happiness may let us see, and write about and enjoy life. I get angry against myself while I wish I didn't have to renounce to all this and become rough and rational purely to survive; how hard is to get such inspiring moments back, to get to real feelings again.. innocence doesn't come back.. never grow up kid, never stop dreaming, will you? ;-)

bedroomprince said...

Luigi should email me his email address.