Sunday, April 19, 2009

Life's A Drag

I am not the man I want to be.

I have gone astray. Somehow, somewhere along the line, I am not doing what is necessary to be the man I want to be. I drink too much. I sleep in too late. I think negative thoughts. My life seems destructively haphazard rather than excitingly spontaneous.

This weekend I did not enjoy the life I want to live. I did not go to the opera, or the theatre, or the gallery. I did not enjoy long walks along the street in the gorgeous weather. I did not soberly enjoy the evenings festivities, but drank for distraction instead.

Time was wasted.

I do not want to be a man who lets precious time be wasted.

But all is not lost. Life still offers more. Even in wasted time.

Wasted time provides a reminder that I must create myself. I can do what is necessary to be the man I want to be: I will go to the theatre, I will enjoy the long walks, I will be satisfied by the company I keep and have no need for distraction. My life will be the world's greatest drag act - an act of positive beautiful self-creation. I will be the man I want to be. My life's a drag act.

And the world's greatest drag act begins now.

No comments: