Wednesday, October 26, 2005

LOVE ME!

I just want someone to love me. That's not true. I want everyone to love me. And so I have been systemically become a serially dater. I put on my charming disposition and go out several times a week, with as many different men as I have time for, and woo them.
I am not a nice person. I have no intentions of commitment. I woo them until the point they show signs of affection. And then I encounter a problem: They are interested in something more serious, but now that they have proven to me that I am worth their care and interest, I just wish they would disappear and leave me to the other men who don't know they could love me yet.
I don't want to break things off. I don't want to tell them to go. I am not that kind of guy. I don't have the courage to be up front because I fear that if I do so they won't like me anymore. So here I am in dating limbo...
It is not that I conciously want to hurt anyone. If I could have the world love me and not committ to all of them but one, I would be content, but there is a cost to my vanity.
I am vain. I am insecure. I am fragile.
Here I am:
I am dating everyone.
I am committed to know one.
I am not satisfied (nor are any of the men in my life).

I have come to terms with this and it time I move on.
I must have the courage to do what is right.
Please help me!
I need your support. I need your love...
Love me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen:

I can relate. We should chat about this.

Christmas.