Monday, January 08, 2007

Franco-clone

Advertising does not escape the multicultural paradigm that rules this country.

The commercial I shot today was shot in both french and english. The four principle actors had francophone doubles (or maybe we were there anglophone doubles...), while the rest of the actors were silent and need not speak french nor english.

My francophone double and I shared a jacket. Between takes we handed a green H and M fall coat back and forth.

It was odd to look upon my Francophone advertising double.

By the end of the day, I grew to despise him.

He was MY double. I was not HIS double.
He would not out perform me in this thirty second advertisement.

5 comments:

skinny-rabbit said...

He's only going to be seen on french channels. So unless anyone in Toronto gets Music Plus, you'll never have to see his results and everyone will only know you as the guy in the jacket. Except for me of course, because I get a bevy of unwanted french channels here. But I never watch them, so your secret's safe with me!

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

There's no way he could have out performed you. Don't you love competition? I crave it.

dancing girl said...

i'm sorry, but that's awesome. . . :P

Anna said...

When do we see the commercial? Soon?

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

blohohohohohog again!