Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Airport Security

The wheelchair sits casually folded off to the side, merely placed as to be not in anyones way. The bridge to the aircraft slopes downward. Something inside me yearns to calmly unfold the wheelchair, sit down, and, like a cheap ride at the fair, roll down the bridge to the entrance of the aircraft, then, just as casually as I had unfolded the wheelchair, stand up, fold the wheelchair, and set it off to the side, as to not be in anyones way.

Something inside me yearns to take a wild ride on a wheelchair; a triumphant entrance to my domestic flight from Regina Saskatchewan to Edmonton Alberta.

Something inside me places on foot in front of the other, without any conscious effort, guiding these thoughts free floating in the comfort and safety of my mind, to seat 11a, on flight 215.

No comments: