Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Lone Ranger

8 pm: Every Now and Then: The Helix Project Dance Retrospective
10 pm: Ms. Wilson's Birthday Party
12 am: Buddies in Bad Times Dance Party
1:30 am: Big Primpin'

Tonight I was the LONE RANGER. I traversed from event to event like the social butterfly I am all on my own. I had no one to keep track of. I had no one to coordinate with. I had no one I was attached to. The night was young and the night was mine and mine alone. FREEDOM!

I barely had an good time for the five hours I was out being my social self.

Yes there are benefits to being a LONE RANGER. But all those benefits really don't add up to much when you don't have someone around you can share the good times with.

This LONE RANGER is LONELY.
And my Freedom won't hold me as I fall asleep on Saturday night.

1 comment:

Jordan Velestuk said...

I know the feeling.

I'm trying to enjoy being on my own in Australia, but, at times I crave conversation and company.