Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Blog Paradox

I want to express myself through this anonymous online forum.
I don't want to bore the reader.

I want to access the human, the universal (if that's even possible), through my own experience.
I don't want to seem self indulgent.

I want the freedom to express myself without fear of judgement.
I know so many are far too happy and eager to express negative and frankly mean criticisms of my blog and my person.

Does it have to be one or the other?
Isn't there a way to negotiate these opposing forces?

1 comment:

artsmonkey said...

i think part of the blog is to put aside what others think. it's an outlet for the self. people will always judge. you'll always get good and bad reviews. any sort of expression (art, theatre, film, poetry, dance, blogs) is ultimately a self expression, whatever the subject.... and the judgement is a self expression of the 'reviewer', whether they're conscious of it or not.