Thursday, November 03, 2005

Six Degrees of Separation OR the Magic of the Magic Oven

"I read somewhere that everybody on this planet is separated by only six other people. Six degrees of separation between us and everyone else on this planet. The President of the United States, a gondolier in Venice, just fill in the names. I find it extremely comforting that we're so close. I also find it like Chinese water torture, that we're so close because you have to find the right six people to make the right connection... I am bound, you are bound, to everyone on this planet by a trail of six people." -John Guare

I have found the right people. Or at least I think I have. They are at the Magic Oven. That is where I work for just above minimum wage three times a week.
I have the privilege to work with a 47 Year Old Romanian Gypsy, a Sri Lankan who looks like Ron Jeremy and wears an acid wash jean jacket all the time (we call him the Jean Machine), a Musical Theatre loving Phillipino who was educated as an Engineer in China, and a Persian hunk with gorgeous eyes who has a girlfriend in England. My bosses are a husband and wife couple from India and their families live in Paris, California, New Jersey, and Asia. Between my colleagues listed above, and the many others whom I have worked with over the past three years, I think there may be less than six, maybe even four degrees of separation between me and the rest of the world.
Even if that isn't so, I have had an amazing opportunity to see into these unique and varied human lives. All have experiences so far from what I could have imagined growing up in Regina, Saskatchewan.
Everyday is a revelation.
I think many a CEO, World Leader, Artist, and teacher could benefit from seeing the joy, diversity, and community that is the Magic of the Magic Oven.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Randomn comment not associated with a commercial venture.

Anonymous said...

Hey bedroomprince I was researching pheromones. This seems like a crazy idea. Can it really work?

Anonymous said...

Hello bedroomprince
Are there any problems with using a pheromones oil?