Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Wake Up Call Part II: Bad New Beginnings

I roll over, half asleep, expecting to see I have more time to sleep, this should be true because my alarm has not yet gone off. But instead, I am unpleasantly surprised. I am late. My alarm has failed me. This is a shitty way to start off the month of November.
I have a bizarre desire to start months, weeks, days off right - If it starts out bad, how am I supposed to hope that the rest of it will be any good? On this November 1st, the one the has somehow ruined the other 29 days of the month for me merely because I got up late and missed a class, I headed into work to not only realize that it was the first of the month, but for Hindi, it was the first of their New Year. Thank God I am not Hindi, but still, it would have been nice to start the New Year off, in whatever culture, as best as I can.
I have twenty days until my Birthday. I have failed to get the month of November off to a good start. I have failed to get the Hindi New Year off to a good start. But in twenty days, I will haven taken charge of my own life, so that I start off my twenty third year on this planet as best as is humanly possible.

No comments: