Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The European Experience # 63

They have a special day set aside to Celebrate Music here. That day is today.

I have heard Liszt on a pipe organ and pop/rock in the streets. I have heard a choir of twenty young girls sing as angels and then, moments later, rap. I have heard progressive music around the corner from ska. I have heard Norah Jones, "Come On Eileen", Maroon Five, and "Makin' Whoopee" all sung in different languages, or in bad bad Anglophone accents. I have seen line dancing (in Europe!), swing dancing, and rave dancing and even Capoeira.

Today they set aside time and money to celebrate music. Come one, come all, come old, come young, come rich, come poor, it is all for you, free of charge, let your soul take flight, just listen and your heart will fly.

This is the day that they celebrate music.

What a Grand Idea?

1 comment:

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I love making music! I wish I was there!