Sunday, January 22, 2006

A Beautiful Invasion

It is ten a.m Saturday morning. The apartment is serene and the hall is filled with sunlight from the skylight in the ceiling. I quietly open my room mates door to throw some laundry into her room. I suspect she is sleeping so I am careful not to disturb her. I open the door and look down upon her futon.
There is a boy in her bed.
His shaggy brown hair has fallen into his face. He is unshaved and rugged, despite his small olive-skinned frame. I can tell immediately he is Italian or Mediterranean. He opens his eyes slowly to look to see who has entered. He takes me in for a moment (Oh, I wish he would take me in!) before closing his eyes to return to sleep. He is beautiful.
I close her door. Stunned.
Who is this boy? Why is he here? Did they have sex?
Hours later, Monica is awake. To my relief she tells me they didn't have sex. Francesco (that's his very Italian name) is "like her little brother". He's gay. The good news makes me smile.
He is here again today. He slept over last night. For two days in a row, I have stood above Monica's bed as he lay there, in nothing but a pair of plaid pajama pants. His patch of curly hair on his chest is beyond sexy. I pretend to make conversation with my room mate, trying to sound fun and attractive, but I am preoccupied with the stranger in lying there in bed. (Why isn't this stranger is my bed?)
He has invaded where I live.
He is unattached. He has no loyalties to any lover. He is up for grabs. My apartment is often occupied by strange men, but these men are either straight or usually claimed by one of my room mates.
Francesco is an invading army of desire. (Invade me!)
There is no escape. There is no refuge.
I aim to attract his attention. To subtley make my intentions known without being too offensive. I preen. I pose. I want him to want me. I can not hide. I must seduce at every moment. My own home has been take over by perpetual desire.
I invite him in, but will he come in close enough?
As I write this, he is downstairs watching television.
I am always willing to accomodate the armies of desire.
Conquer me!

No comments: