Monday, January 23, 2006

Correcting My Stream of Conciousness ?

Should one re-read their blog posts?
Discuss.

Moving on... (I Wish!)

After re-reading my last post, I feel I should clarify. I don't just irk my ex in order to get a reaction out of him. My intention is to only communicate my honest thoughts and feelings. I am aware though, that by doing so, I irk him. (I like the word irk - what a great combo of three letters!) I do not maliciously aim to annoy or frustrate or irk (There it is again!)

Moving on... (I WISH!)

Can one correct their stream of conciousness? It would be intuitive to say "no". One's concious thought in the moment exists in that moment and it is pure and untainted. I think one can aim to correct the linguistic expression of that thought though. But then again, there is more to a thought then just that thought. After analysis we often are able to understand our thoughts more clearly. But then again, that wouldn't exactly fit under the exercise of "stream of conciousness". But then again, can a thought exist outside of the realm of language. Would it then be relegated to the position of "emotion"? But then again, I think this discussion has gone on too long.

2 comments:

Roonie said...

I usually post then re-read. Something about it being published already makes it look different to me than it would in the "preview" screen.

bedroomprince said...

Do you re-read it a day or two later? That's what always gets me. I don't think that I should attempt to edit my posts.