Thursday, March 02, 2006

All Things Go

The past year has been one of departures. Specifically, the important men in my life have been leaving me. The first was my boyfriend, whom, now in retrospect (such perception!), I am glad has gone and am eager to close that chapter of my life. The second was my ex-boyfriend, whom, despite how it would be in my best interest to let go of, will probably be a chapter in my life that never closes. The third is my good friend, whom, is someone who has a very positive influence on my life, and I am hoping that our chapter will never close. Those people absent or missing, those figures that are left behind, are arguably the most influential forces in psychoanalysis. Even if they are not present, they continue to affect me. Despite how I feel about these departing men, they have had definite influence on my life. And soon another man in my life will be leaving: Me! This summer, my own departure from my established life will, like any other experience, impact who I am and how I look at the world. All things go... All things go...

No comments: