Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Low

I think that society treats feeling low as a problem that requires a solution. Feeling bad sometimes is just as natural and as healthy as feeling good. There are plenty things in our lives to feel great about and plenty things in our lives that may make us feel sad. We can feel good about the thing we have and we can feel bad about the things we lack or have lost. Moving between these things is just a part of living.

So let me live. Let me feel low. It's ok

"Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." - unknown.

2 comments:

Jordan Velestuk said...

Indeed, feeling low is a part of the human experience. It is unnatural for one to expect to feel riding high all of the time; in fact, this is a disorder called hypomania. However, if you feel low for more than a 2 week period, with symptoms of sadness, weight changes, appetite changes, loss of interest in activities/people, feelings of guilt or self worthlessness, low energy, poor concentration, or suicidal thoughts, one should seek help.

Anonymous said...

David Bowie has an album called Low. Some people really like it (not me...but it's still better than ezra). However, there's a really great song on it called Breaking Glass: "Baby, I've been breaking glass in your room again...". Sometimes breaking glass in our rooms helps these things. That's why I like Hole and Nine Inch Nails. In a world where things are certain to fall apart it's nice to know it happens to all of us. When I am weak then am I strong.