Saturday, March 11, 2006

No One is a Perfect Chemist

They are always there to remind me. Especially at the bar on a Friday night. There was Mr. Frost: He never called me back because he had issues with being fourteen years older than I. There was Sergio: I never called him back because Sergio loved Sergio too much that there wasn't room for me to love Sergio. There was Mr. D----: Whom, was decent in bed, but far too self-centered. There was the boy with the curly hair: I made out with him last time I was here, but we never hooked up after that passionate night on the dance floor. There was Mr. H----: I had slept with Mr. H---- but there existed a silent agreement between us that we were friends now and never to be lovers. There was The Grad Student: Though very attractive (now more than ever), I did not treat him as well as he deserved and now he has found someone whom will fulfill he relationship needs and requirements.
I do not take these failures to connect personally. Despite how I believe everyone truly wants everyone to love them, such a goal is unreasonable in reality. There is a lot to be said for the ineffable quality of "Chemistry": You've got it with some people while with others, you might as well be talking to a wall. This still provides little consolation when I am looking to be in LOVE AGAIN .
At the end of the day though, I shouldn't forget that I had sex with two different hot guys yesterday. It's not like I am without...

No comments: