Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I Just Want To Say "YES!"

I am a "social butterfly". I have managed to accrue many different sorts of people that I would call my friends. This often is the source of tension, guilt, and disappointment.
Some friends are not compatible with others. Some are good one on one and some are good in groups. Some are good for Monday afternoons and some are more suited to sharing a Saturday night out dancing. Some are once a week friends and some are once a month friends.
The issue is not all my friends can appreciate this.
They call and ask if I want to hang out or whatever but I can't always say yes. I am a busy man. I have many friends and have obligations to them. I have a job. I have a career in the theatre. I need time to myself. Yet, some friends can not hide their disappointment or annoyance with my inability to make the time to spend with them. This tension forces me to feel guilty. I don't like feeling guilty.
I just want to spend time with all the great people in my life.
But it is just not possible.
Dear Friends: Please understand this.

No comments: