Friday, April 28, 2006

As Time Goes By

As time goes by they inevitably move on. It is futile to hope that, though you find new lovers, their heart will remain pining for you. It is egotistical to ever wish for anyone that they will forever desire you and only you. It is selfish to wish love that is forever unreturned on anyone. I am seflish and egotistical and hope for what can not be.

My first boyfriend called me. He is in town. He has been seeing someone for over a year now.
I melt at his touch, but not because how I feel about who he is as a human being, but it's because someone whom cared for me very much at one time is touching me again.

I just want to be loved. I must learn how to love in order to be loved. At one time, I thought I could love him because it felt so good that he loved me.

No comments: