Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Paralysed By Freedom

My parents are gone. I have my life back. FREEDOM! I can now do all the things that have piled up during their stay. But what to do first? There seems to be so much I can do, I don't know where to start. My list of things to do is so daunting that I am overwhelmed. Yesterday I was caged by having to host and attend to my parents: Yesterday I was completely under the control of my parents and their needs. Today I am free and have all the time in the world to do what I need to do. Yet there is so much I could do, I am paralysed. I have no desire to waste my time in front of the T.V.. I want to get these things done. But I don't seem to have the motivation to actually get started. Cause once I get started, I don't know when I am going to feel like I have such freedom of time again.

What to do? What to do?

Well... So far, I've written this blog post.

3 comments:

artsmonkey said...

go go go!! don't be afraid that you won't finish it all... bask in your freedom....also, add "watch mindless television" to your list, that way you can check something off.

skinny-rabbit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
skinny-rabbit said...

The best way to start is to just go outside and take a walk. That way you know you're by yourself and you have no parents to come home to. You'll also get bored of walking alone so you'll pull out you celly and start roaming through your contacts to see who you'd like to hang out with and who might be available RIGHT NOW. At least that's how I fly. (in case you're wondering about the missing post, it was me. I found a typo after I posted, and I HATE typos!)