Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Drunken Revelation?

Last night I got very inebriated. I did some things, I acted in a fashion, that I am doubting is something I should be proud of.

What is it, deep within my subconscious, that plagues me so that I act so inappropriately when drunk?

That may be an unfair assessment. There has been only one occurrence. I immediately attribute such behaviour to my parents stay in my apartment for ten days. Familial relationships can strain anyone young person, consciously or subconsciouly.

Nonetheless, along with losing my voice, my subconscious is making itself known. There is more to me than there is to me, it seems. But the question that haunts along with my subconscious is:
Can the source of such neurosis ever be known and understood?

Will there always be something deep in my soul that even I am aware of?

6 comments:

nk said...

Friend. FYI, I am writing again: http://alertalert.blogspot.com

Lindsay said...

when i get drunk i always seem to act in a manner i'm never proud of the next day. usually it's by making out with boys. or talking to much. is this because i'm horny or because deep down i'm desperate for someone to love and pay attention to me?

Lindsay said...

and by that i mean, let's make gay. SOON.

artsmonkey said...

we all keep ourselves restrained in some fashion on a day to day basis. drunkenness is our excuse to act the way we might like to, but feel is inappropriate. whatever. party hard.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

of course you'll never understand yourself!
your brain isn't smart enough.
maybe if you go Zen and stare at a candle for hours at a time, you'll be able to see parts of you you couldn't before. read Roald Dahl's Henry Sugar.

artsmonkey said...

henry sugar kicks ASS!!