Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It Doesn't All Fit

I love My Parents. Not merely in that Ihavetolovethembecausetheyaremyparent sorta way. I think they are interesting people and lead interesting lives. I am not sure that I can manage both my Toronto life and a life that includes hosting my parents for ten days in Toronto.

I miss my friends. I miss having sex.
I miss the social life I pushed aside and so I could spend time with my loving mother and father.
Is it possible that I have a capacity of love?
I can only love and be loved by a certain number of people?
If my parents are here, no room for my friends, and vice versa?

It is only four days in (out of Eleven). Friends, I know I made mention that I may be out of commission for the stay of my parents, but I was wrong. CALL. VISIT. TEXT. EMAIL.

I need you now more than ever.

(I think the question of Measuring love in any fashion (be it "amount" of love or the number of sources of love, is superficial and shallow.)


2 comments:

artsmonkey said...

i have been calling you!! we could kareoke perhaps?
enjoy your parents while you can - you'll miss them after they've left.... it might take a while -but i'm sure you will.

Warrior Princesse Alathariel said...

I do think there might be a capacity. well...maybe it's just hard to include your childhood in your adulthood. or maybe it's hard to start a new relationship with your parents now that you have a "life of your own" whatever that means. Maybe there's room for a new type of relationship with them?